Mt. Blanchard


Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman) once owned land in the village of Mount Blanchard, which was originally known as “Blanchard.” Platted in 1830 by Asa Lake, the village was named for pioneer Jean Jacques Blanchard. The village has some bragging rights as it was home to the first high school in the county outside of the City of Findlay – the Mount Blanchard Union School. Later, the village became known as Mount Blanchard due to its lofty elevation over the Blanchard River Valley.

Why are so many things attributed to “Hurricanes” in this village? Prior to 1962, the village was its own school district, and they were known as the Hurricanes. At Hurricane Park (the original site of the school) you’ll find a gazebo with occasional band concerts, and the Hurricane Pub can be found a little further up Main St.

The village has a community pool, and three parks. Today, students in Mount Blanchard are part of the Riverdale Local School District. Go Falcons! It is located near Vanlue and Arlington.


Market Stats

New Properties On Market
3
200% Increase In New Listings
Average Asking Price
$150,600
$89,300 Decrease In Avg Asking Price
Average Asking Price / Sq. Ft.
$82
$34 Decrease In List Price/Sq. Ft.
Average Days On Market
10
45 Day Decrease In Days On Market
Data as of Jan 24, 2021. Remaining statistics above are calculated on activity within the period from Nov 01, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020.